Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Who is Your One?
Last Sunday we invited every member to find one person they could reach out to. God wants all people to be saved, we’re asking every member of New Life to identify at least one of those “all” and play a part in reaching out to them. So.... who is your one?
Join us this Sunday as we continue our series “One”
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
One of our members was recently offered a position as youth pastor at a church in Northern California. Daniel Ahlgren has been an active part of our church for years. He has served in the student ministry and has been a big blessing to our church. While we will miss Daniel, we're glad he has this opportunity to serve Christ. Please pray for Daniel as he begins this new challenge!
Friday, February 13, 2009
What is “One Life”? One life flows from the Biblical truth that each person matters to God. Our hope is that each member of New Life would have one person they are praying for and reaching out to with the love of Christ. Join us this Sunday as we begin this series.
Whose Your One? Who could that person be for you? A friend? A family member? Someone you work with? That’s what one life is all about, finding that one person to share God’s love with.
Getting Started: Sharing God’s love can never be reduced to a step by step formula. But there are some helpful concepts. To provide a framework we’ve chosen three “I” words, Identify, Invite and Invest.
Identify: Ask God to show you one person you can share His love with.
The starting point is prayer. “God, who have you put in my life that you want me to reach out to?” Look around at people you know, or people you might be passing by everyday. Determine at least one person you can share God’s love with.
Invest: Take time to share God’s love in real life ways that let your light shine.
Pray for the person, hang out together. Take time to be a friend. Let God’s love shine through you. Take opportunities to let Christ come through in your conversations.
Invite: Help that person take the next step toward Christ.
It might be a big step or small step, it might even be the first step. It might be as simple as inviting them to listen to a book or CD, it could be inviting them to church, or a Christian concert. It could be inviting them to surrender their life to Jesus. The key is that you’re helping them take the next step toward a real relationship with Christ.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Sunday, February 8, 2009
We're challenging members to read a chapter of the Bible a day. To aid our members we're providing a Bible reading checklist. For the month of February we're reading the book of Acts. To find out more, check out this website.
Friday, February 6, 2009
On Sunday we're inviting members to make a financial commitment to our church. We're calling this project Growing in Faith. If you're planning to participate in this Sunday's offering, here are a couple things to know.
1) Please use a Growing in Faith Envelope - Use a Growing in Faith envelope for your one time gift and your commitment card. This will ensure that all giving is correctly recorded.
2) Growing in Faith envelopes and commitment cards are available in the lobby. If you need a card, you can grab one before the service in the lobby.
3) Write "I understand" on the commitment card -At last Sunday's service, we laid out a new priority for how Growing in Faith giving will be used. The giving will go first for our church's needs here and now, and second for moving ahead with our future church home. Let us know that you understand these priorities by writing "I understand" on your commitment card or check. If you already sealed the envelope, write “I understand” on the outside of the envelope.
4) We'll be having one offering at the end of the service - You can place both your Growing in Faith gift and your regular giving in the offering bags when they are passed at the end of the service.
5) There are several ways to help.
- Make a one time gift this Sunday.
- Make a commitment to increase your regular giving - you can indicate this on the back of the commitment card
- Make a commitment to give over and above your regular for a set period of time. You can indicate that length of time on the commitment card. The card is set up for a three year commitment, but you can cross out three years and write in a time period that works for you.
5) Fill out your commitment card online - if you won't be on Sunday, make your commitment online here.
6) Make your gift online - We have an online giving option - for more information check out here.
Attention all couples! Join us on Friday, February 13th for a special couple’s dinner. We will have food, games, fellowship, and teachings. This is the last Sunday tickets will be available at the Information Table for $20 a couple. Limited childcare is available. We hope to see you all there.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Attention all youth! We will be having a winter retreat in Arrowbear February 27th- March 1st. The cost is $110. Join us for fun, fellowship and a time to grow closer to God. Stop by the Youth Room for more details.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Monday, February 2, 2009
Hey New Lifer's,
Last Sunday we took an unexpected break from our series in Haggai, to talk about the financial challenge our church is facing. If you were at the service, you know we're at an important crossroads.
If you missed last weekend, please take time to listen to the message prior to this coming Sunday (Feb 8) and also read the handout.
You can find the message here and the handout here.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Next Sunday, February 8th, we’re asking members to make a commitment
to Growing in Faith. Up to this point Growing in Faith has focused on the
property. As you found out in today’s service, due to our changing economy, the purpose of Growing in Faith is now expanding to include taking care of our church family here and now.
We want everyone to be informed on what this means. If today’s service made sense, you don’t need to do anything different than you were already planning – just make your Growing in Faith commitment next Sunday as planned. But if you still have questions, we’ve set up a time when you can come and get more information. The meeting will be this Monday, February 2nd at 6:30 at the church. At this meeting, members of the Growing in Faith team will be available to explain what we’re doing, and what it means.