You can receive posts directly in your email inbox. To get started go to our Feedburner page and subscribe via email there. Check out the snapshot above to see what to look for. Once you subscribe, each time a new post is blogged, it will be sent to you via email.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Join us this Sunday, as we start our new series, "When You Need a Miracle".
3/2/08 When It Looks Like Hope is Gone
3/9/08 When It Seems Like You Don't Have Enough
3/16/08 When It Feels Like You Don't Have a Prayer
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Most of us want more time in the week. We have way to much to do and not enough time, if only I could have one extra day.
This year, in fact this month, in fact this week, we have our wish, one extra day.
Every four years we have a 366 day year. As you know, they throw a twenty ninth day on the end of February and call it a leap year.
How will you use this extra day in your life? Make it count for God!!
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
The February Giving was - $35,072
The amount we need to pay the bills - $42,907
The difference – a shortfall of $7,835
Thanks to everyone who faithfully supports our church. The giving for the month of February was $35,072, the minimum amount we need to pay the bills is $42,907. This means we had a shortfall of $7,835. As a result we will carry a “minus” into the next month, please pray for God’s provision for our church.
Monday, February 25, 2008
Sunday, February 24, 2008
On Sunday afternoon, Seth Schmit and Mike Hannah went out to Corona Hills and went to over a hundred homes to invite people to church.
We are trying be more intentional about outreach. Here's the plan, before every new series (In this case, "When You Need a Miracle") we would like to take a team of people to reach out to our community. In some cases this will be door to door, in other cases we will be part of a community event.
If you would like to be part of our next outreach, or find out more, contact Seth Schmit at firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Are you someone who follows our blog on a regular basis? There is a simple way to stay up to date. Whenever we post something new on our blog, you can have it delivered right to your computer.
Many of our staff follow multiple blogs. Mike Hannah follows around 40 blogs, including our four new life blogs. Rather than visiting each of thosesites individually, Take advantage of Really Simple Syndication (RSS) and let the new posts come to you. A blog reader is like an email client program, it pulls the blog posts to your computer and notifies you when something new is posted.
If you're interested in trying it out, the first step is download a free blog reader. Some popular ones are: Bloglines. Google Reader is another good option. Firefox has this built in. If you're on a Mac, check out Netnewswire
1) An easy way to get started is to scroll down on the right hand column and click on "Subscribe in a Reader" It will take you to our feedburner page and give you some options.
2) If that sounds too complicated, you can receive posts directly in your email inbox. You can go to our Feedburner page and subscribe via email there, or you can scroll down on the right hand column to "Email Subscriptions Powered by Feedblitz" and follow the instructions.
Posted by New Life Community Church at 8:27 PM
Join us on this Sunday, February 24th at 12:45pm at our property for a special prayer meeting. We want to take a moment to thank God for how far He's brought us and to ask for God's hand of blessing as we move forward.
Take the 15 fwy south, exit on Weirick, turn left and go under the freeway, turn right on Temescal and go about a mile to the Wildrose business park. Turn left of Pulsar and find parking at the end of the cul-de-sac. You'll see the "Future Home of New Life" sign. See you then.
For more information about our property and it's location click here.
Friday, February 22, 2008
This is the last Sunday to sign up for the Growing in Faith Anniversary Banquet on March 2nd. Stop by the Information Table to sign up!
The time is 5:00 pm, the location is the Corona Hills facility. Dinner is free and childcare is provided is requested
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Monday, February 18, 2008
Have you heard of the five minute rule? Take the first five minutes after the service and say hi to someone who is new to you. Don't ask them if they are new to the church (in case they aren't), just go up and say, "Hi, my name is ___________, I don't think we've met yet" Every Sunday since we've moved to the Corona Hills building, we've had new faces. Take time to help us become more connected as a church
Our purpose as a church is to...
In this post we’re going to look at what it means to be growing
Someone who is on mission for Christ…
Makes a commitment to the body of Christ
Scripture says that we’re all members of one body –the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12) Someone who is on mission for Christ recognizes the importance of the body of Christ and makes a commitment to play their part as members of Christ’s church.
Makes a contribution to the cause of Christ.
The Bible says that Christ’s ministry is done as each person plays their part (Eph 4:16) Someone who is on mission for Christ eagerly seeks to make a contribution to the cause of Christ. (1 Peter 4:10).
Pursues their unique role in the mission of Christ.
God has given us each a unique life purpose in the mission of Christ. Each person is created on purpose and for a purpose. As Ephesians 2:10 says, “For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do”. Someone who is on mission wants to discover and do those “good works” which God has prepared in advance. An “on mission” Christian desires to understand and increasingly prioritize their life around their God-given role in the cause of Christ.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
On Sunday we looked at the story of the good samaritan and talked about helping people in need. Here is a slide from the Sunday service. This guy deserves an A+ for creativity! Take time this week to stop and help someone in need that God puts along your path.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
On February 26th, 2006, our church made a commitment to provide a permanent home for our church family. This February marks the two year anniversary of this three year project. As a result of Growing In Faith, we’ve purchased property, and now we are working toward constructing a building on our property.
If you are new to New Life, or are not yet involved in Growing In Faith, we want to invite you to an important information meeting.
This meeting is designed to give you a snapshot of Growing in Faith, to let you know where we’ve been, where we are, and the ways you can play a part.
The meeting is Wednesday, February 20th at 7:00pm.
Sign-up sheets are available at the Information Table, and Childcare is available by pre-arrangement. For more info, email us at email@example.com
Join us on February 24th at 12:45pm at our property for a special prayer meeting. We want to take a moment to thank God for how far He's brought us and to ask for God's hand of blessing as we move forward. For more information about our property and it's location click here.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Part of growing in Christ is embracing the discipleship essentials. This post zeros in on these essential practices for the believer.
We believe there are a handful of Biblical practices that lay the foundation for a lifetime of Spiritual growth. The sooner a person understands and starts building on these practices, the better.
The Foundation –A Real Relationship with Christ - As you can see from the picture above - It’s starts with a real relationship with Christ. This is someone who...
- Professes faith in Christ’s finished work
- Experiences assurance of salvation
- and has been baptized.
Growing in Christ - On that foundation we start growing in Christ
- We spend time with God, drawing near to God to drink daily from the stream of living water (Effective time with God).
- We start studying God’s word so we know what we believe and stand strong in our faith (Bible Centered Christian).
- We surround ourselves with a spiritual support team of iron sharpening relationships that lift us to the next level as followers of Christ. (Christ-Centered Relationships).
- We put our gifts into play for the kingdom of God, we take the abilities God has given us and offer them back in service to the one who gave His life for us. (Gift-Based Serving)
- We worship God with our wealth, we put our treasure where our heart is and leverage our resources for the cause of Christ. (Generous Giving)
- Next we turn around and take the good news to others, so they can get in on a real relationship with Christ. (Relational Outreach)
Our hope is that all our members will grow in the discipleship essentials.
If you want to find out more about the discipleship essentials
1) Attend “Accelerate” This workshop will introduce you to the discipleship essentials. You can check more information on Accelerate here.
2) Stay tuned for a new workshop - Discipleship Essentials - We are preparing a workshop for people who want to learn more about the discipleship essentials. You should be hearing more about it later on in the year.
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Monday, February 4, 2008
Are you someone who's not yet involved in Growing in Faith. We are having a GIF Info meeting on Wednesday, February 20th at 7:00 pm. And you're invited! Childcare is provided. For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Understands the Faith Essentials
We believe there are foundational biblical truths that each Christian should learn and embrace. These basic bible teachings would include truths like the inspiration of the Bible, who God is, the Divinity of Jesus Christ, Christ’s death, burial and resurrection, the return of Christ and the final judgment.
2) Embraces the disciple essentials. We believe there are a handful of core Christian practices (seen below) that lay a foundation for a life time of spiritual growth. The sooner and more consistently a believer practices these discipleship essentials, the better off they will be. See the post next week for more information on the disciples essentials. 3) Pursues opportunities for growing together in Christ. For our church, pursuing opportunities for growing together in Christ specifically takes the form of small groups. We believe both the weekend service and small groups are two halves of one whole in becoming full on followers of Christ. Small groups provide an opportunity to share life, study God’s word and pray for each other in a small circle of friends. We encourage each member to make a commitment to attend both a weekend service and small group. If you want to find out more about small group, go online or email us at email@example.com
If you want to find out more about growing in Christ, here are some options
1) Attend “Accelerate” This workshop will introduce you to some of the faith essentials and discipleship essentials. You can check more information on Accelerate here.
2) Check out a small group – you can go online to our small group page
3) Stay tuned for a new workshop - Discipleship Essentials - We are preparing a workshop for people who want to learn more about the disciple essentials. You should be hearing more about it later in the year.
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Ever feel like throwing in the towel? Join us for our first leader's rally of the year. The date is Monday, February 11th, the time is 7:00 pm. Childcare is available by pre-arrangement.
Watch the video invitation above.